What is RocketCDN?
RocketCDN WordPress plugin is a custom Content Delivery Network (CDN) created by the WP Rocket team.
● RocketCDN automatically applies the best CDN settings.
● This way, it provides fast content delivery anywhere in the world and reduces website loading time, making a website faster for visitors far away from where the server is located.
● With RocketCDN, website owners can distribute their content globally at the speed of light!
Why use RocketCDN?
A Content Delivery Network (CDN) can ensure that a website loads quickly. In general, a CDN can be beneficial for sites that receive visitors from countries other than where the server is located or if the server doesn’t have enough resources.
For websites serving a global audience, the website’s server location can make a big difference in how fast or slow content loads.
As a matter of fact, the distance between the user and the server can directly affect website speed and performance.
RocketCDN is the connection that brings users closer to websites, no matter where they are on the globe because it serves content on local servers all over the world to make websites load faster.
By delivering superfast content, RocketCDN helps to:
● Improve websites performance and address crucial PageSpeed Insights recommendations
● Optimize one of the Core Web Vitals
● Provide a better user experience
Simply put, RocketCDN makes a site load faster.
For starters, RocketCDN helps fix a relevant PageSpeed Insights recommendation:
Serve static assets with an efficient cache policy. RocketCDN also has a positive impact on improving the HTTP requests performance and making the content load quicker.
Last but not least, RocketCDN helps optimize one of the Core Web Vitals: the LargestContentful Paint score.
LCP is closely related to perceived load speed – therefore, it matters to deliver a great user experience. Being one of the Core Web Vitals, the largest Contentful Paint score can also affect SEO performance.
→ In 2021 Google started to use page experience as part of the new ranking systems.
The page experience update will consider several page experience signals, including the Core Web Vitals, a set of user-centric metrics designed to measure and improve user experience on the web.
It means that Core WebVitals are part of the latest SEO ranking factor – therefore, they can affect SEO performance.
How does RocketCDN work?
1) To get started, you need to buy a RocketCDN subscription onhttps://rocketcdn.me/. Each site requires its RocketCDN subscription.
2) After checkout, you will specify the URL of your domain. This step will create a unique rocketcdn.me CNAME (no customized CNAMEs are provided, e.g.,cdn.yourdomain.com).
3) If you’re using WordPress, you can install and activate the RocketCDN plugin available here: https://wordpress.org/plugins/rocketcdn/. Just add your API key and you’re all set!
4) Rocket CDN automatically configures optimal performance settings for assets served from CDN.
● It applies GZIP compression and CORS headers for Webfont compatibility.
● It sets a cache-control browser cache header and canonical headers.
● It serves assets over HTTP/2.
NB: If you’re using another CMS, you can connect your RocketCDN subscription using its custom CName.
RocketCDN is secure, simple, and easy to use and provides the following benefits:
1) Easy-to-navigate interface and automatic configuration
There is no need to struggle with complicated CDN options. RocketCDN requires absolutely no technical knowledge. The best CDN configurations are automatically applied to boost speed and performance scores.
2) A single offer to suit all needs
Our plan includes unlimited bandwidth for each domain! No need to calculate the costs, you will always know how much you will be charged. The monthly plan is $8.99, while the yearly plan is $89.99 (with 2 months free). You can unsubscribe whenever you want.
3) Easy integration and compatibility with website technology
RocketCDN can be integrated directly with WordPress or connected to any
Content Management System (CMS) with just a few clicks. Installation is easy:
1) By using the RocketCDN WordPress plugin or
2) By linking up assets to RocketCDN via a custom URL. Content will always be delivered in a superfast manner, regardless of CMS. RocketCDN can also be used in addition to Cloudflare.
4) Faster Delivery with Caching
After connecting RocketCDN, the CDN cache can be cleared from WordPress. This makes sure that content is always up to date.
5) Excellent support
The RocketCDN WordPress plugin team is always ready to assist if there are any questions or issues with the CDN.
6) All CDN files automatically served over HTTPS
7) SSL Traffic included
8) Global Reach
All Global PoPs (Points of Presence) included.
RocketCDN relies on StackPath and its high-performance CDN service, with over 10 years of experience and a super-powerful network of +50 full-stack edge locations.
● This service can efficiently manage large traffic volumes and unexpected peaks, delivering content at the speed of light.
● The network is spread in densely populated markets through 4 continents and 21 countries.
→ What’s the difference between RocketCDN and Stackpath? RocketCDN provides a convenient and fast, one-click setup, automatically taking care of the ideal setup. While StackPath requires manual configuration.
💡 For more questions regarding RocketCDN, take a look at our FAQ.
The monthly plan is $8.99, while the yearly plan is $89.99 (with 2 months free). There is no free trial period; refunds are made within 24 hours after the subscription.